Curry Class Note

Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson (M.Ed. ’85 Soc Fdns) after a 21-year career in K-12 classrooms, began working in various positions at UVA development 17 years ago. Six of those years were at the Curry School. “I am currently a senior director of development at Washington & Lee University and enjoy traveling across the nation fundraising for university priorities through meetings with alumni, parents and friends. My wife and I are now empty-nesters and live at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Crozet, Va.

Jay Jackson's Curry Memory

“I studied social foundations at the Falls Church Regional Center, which was a thriving program in the 1980s. I enjoyed weekend sessions with Professors Peter Hackett, Randy Lemke, and Val Sutter, along with regular visits from Hal Burbach and others from Grounds. There was a memorable evening with Virginia Secretary of Education John Casteen (prior to his return to Charlottesville) as well as other incredible guest speakers from across the U.S. I loved the experience and remain a proud Curry alumnus.”

Share Your Success