Curry Class Note

Mary Alice Fisher

Mary Alice Fisher (M.A. ’78, Ph.D. ’82 Clin Psych) Mary Alice Fishernow has four great-grandchildren, which gives her the chance to play with little ones again! “Professionally, the last few years have been very busy. The Center for Ethical Practice is in its 13th year and is still thriving, providing ethics workshops and ethics consultation. I also maintain a small private clinical practice in Charlottesville. I thank Professor Jason Downer and the Curry program for nominating me in 2015 for the Curry School of Education Foundation’s 2015 Outstanding Alumni Human Services Practitioner Award. It was an honor to be the first-ever recipient.

“This year, the Ethics Committee of the American Psychological Association has honored me with its award for Outstanding Contributions to Ethics Education, which I will receive at the APA Convention in Denver in August. There, I will also be presenting a CE workshop called “Keeping Secrets: The Complicated Ethics of ‘Conditional’ Confidentiality,” which is based on my second book, which was published by APA this year: Confidentiality Limits in Psychotherapy: Ethics Checklists for Mental Health Professionals.”

Share Your Success