Curry Class Note

Sharon Shaffer

Sharon Shaffer (Ph.D. ’04 Soc Fdns) Sharon ShafferAs a leader in museum-based education and pedagogy for young children, my work takes me around the world. I am currently an independent consultant with projects in traditional museums such as the High Museum of Art in Atlanta and also travel to countries just beginning to think about young children and museums. Currently, I have a three-year appointment as a senior advisor to the Beijing Normal University in China, working with the Children’s Museum Research Center in developing children’s museums and early childhood programs in China.

Sharon Shaffer's Curry Memory

“My connection to Curry is two-fold, as a graduate student and also as an adjunct professor. Most memorable experiences are with the amazing students from my classes, enthusiastic about learning. It is incredibly exciting to hear from students long after class to learn the impact of their experience and how they’re making a difference in the lives of others. At the same time, I never cease to enjoy the bond with colleagues within the program.”

Share Your Success