Curry Class Note

Seth Kennard

Seth Kennard (M.Ed. ’04 Admin & Supv) Seth Kennardwas named a recipient of the 2015 Washington Post Distinguished Leadership Award. He is currently completing his seventh year as principal of Charles Barrett Elementary School in Alexandria, Virginia. Kennard was described as an exemplary leader who had an outstanding positive impact on his school community.

“I am honored to receive this award. I am truly lucky to work each day with these amazing teachers, students and community members. To be nominated by my community means so much to me. I am very lucky to love my job, and to work in such a positive school environment with an amazing team. I love coming to work each day,” said Kennard.

Originally from the Boston area, Kennard received his Master of Education degree in Administration and Supervision from the University of Virginia in 2004. He was a teacher and assistant principal in Stafford, Va., before moving to Alexandria.

Kennard is passionate about providing every student with an education that is relevant, challenging and engaging. He is also a proponent of inclusion and co-teaching to ensure that all learners receive instruction from highly qualified staff and is dedicated to helping his entire student body, especially those who receive special education and English Language Learning services.

Share Your Success