Curry Class Note

Seth Hayden

Seth Hayden (Ph.D. ’11 Couns Ed) is an assistant professor of counseling at Wake Forest University. “I have been focusing my work on the career and personal counseling of military service members and their families, the connection between career and mental health concerns, and the process of counseling supervision. I strongly value the balance between academic and clinical work my role offers and being able to contribute in some small way to the body of knowledge related to the practice of counseling. I am tremendously grateful for all that my experience at U.Va. has done to prepare me for my professional work. www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/pt/sd/product/31/_PARENT/layout_products/false

Seth Hayden's Curry Memory

“Some of my fondest memories are of the times spent with my doctoral cohort members (i.e., Laura, Mary, and Tom). Being able to share the experience of significant personal and professional growth with such insightful and smart people contributed greatly to my development during my time at U.Va.
In addition, interacting with supportive faculty members from the counselor education program as well as other disciplines, such as clinical and school psychology, offered access to a wealth of experience and knowledge that still benefits me to this day. Although significantly challenging at times, I will always value my experience in the Curry School and the Sheila Johnson Center for Human Services and believe it is an exceptional learning environment.”

Share Your Success